Recently I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend Rachel’s wedding. The bride decided fairly quickly on the color teal and a vintage theme. I was on quite a tight budget at the time but I really wanted to find a dress that fit the theme.
After countless hours of searching for the perfect color and price to fit my budget, I made the joke that I’d probably be better off just make my own dress.
One thrift store and few boxes of dye later, I decided I’d take my chances.
Once I had cut off all of the embellishments, I was ready to dye the dress. I bought 3 boxes of dye just for good measure. I filled my sink with scalding hot water, laundry detergent, and few teaspoons of salt.
About 30 minutes later I washed one of the sleeves off and realized it was going to be a while.
It took three attempts at dying the dress to get the desired color.
After the brides approval, of course, I walked down the isle in my new creation!